Fortsättning sommar 2017

My first week of holiday me, mum and Noah went to Karlstad to visit my grandmother who turned 91 on July 11th. We rented a cabin down by the "beach" of Sweden's largest lake Vänern and Noah just loved playing on the beach. He was running around in the shallow waters, digging in the sand and loved the playground that was there. The weather wasn't great but it could have been much worse. On our last day in Karlstad we went to a different location to swim in the lake and we had a really strange and uncomfortable experience. A group of Chinese tourists came to the beach and saw Noah playing there. He didn't have any clothes on and all of a sudden they all sorruonded us, taking photos of Noah and me and stood in a circle around us. I felt like a moneky in a cage and it was not very nice. Noah seemed to think it was very odd and didn't really know how to behave. Ah, well....
When we came home we had a few days of nice weather and Noah played in the garden on his slide.
And on his trampoline that we got for free off a colleague of mine who was moving down to Malmö.
The weather this summer hasn't been that great, but a few summer days have given us the chance to visit the beach. Me and mum took Noah to Tönnersa beach which is just as nice as Tylösand, but with literally no people. At the most we must have shared the area with 6-8 people. Such a lovely spot for Noah to run around around and play freely without us having to worry.
And then all of a sudden it was a certain someone's second birthday. It was amazing to see how happy and appreciative he was of all his gifts (and of cake!). Every time he was given a new gift to open he exclaimed a loud "oh wooowww!" and opened it with great anticipation. For every toy he was just as happy as the one before but the favourites on the day were definately the big red sit-on tractor he was given by uncle Micke. But he has played with and enjoyed all of the toys he got on his birthday and he is such a careful child with them (most of the time). 
Now I'm going to have to stop again because it's late and I go back to work tomorrow. So I'll upload more photos as soon as I can. Good night :)

En hel sommar

A whole summer has almost past and I haven't had much energy or time to write much in the blog at all. My apologies. But loading the photos on to my computer reminds me of the fun times and nice days that we have had in June and July and now also August.
Like how happy it can make you to have ice-cream ("ie-ceam!") with friends.
 The countless times I've had this little helper in the garden whilst mowing the lawn.
The day there was a digger AND a tractor in the garden at once. Very exciting. Noah kept his distance but watched with great interest!
 On rainy days we could play indoors.
Or why not walk the beach?
After a very busy day with grandma and grandad Micke + cousin Cortana and friends at Tall Ships Races Noah crashed like fallen hero at half past five (and didn't wake up until 8 am the next morning!). Daddy had anamazingly busy day too and everyone were tired, exhausted, excited and happy this day! Adding the fact that we had 7 amazing house guests at the time, this must have been our busiest and most emotional weekend of the summer!
One day when the "chaos" had calmed down, we went to an outdoor swimming pool with Helene and Julia. Warm weather but slightly rainy. Noah and Julia didn't seem to care and played happily in the pool. 
The season for picking blueberries started at the beginning of July. Not a very plentyful year this year though and with my belly being big and my back hurting, we haven't been able to pick as many as I would have liked. But the occasional bowl to munch on has kept this little boy happy enough!
I'll stop here for now, but carry on on Sunday night probably. We are having our summer party tomorrow evening, eating crayfish and enjoying friends and family. On Monday I am back to work and Noah is back to nursery after 5 weeks off. Hopefully it won't be for too long before little brother decides to arrive....